“Our mission is to use the power of music to create a sustainable future for children in developing countries”
ARE YOU A DJ / ARTIST / PROMOTER ETC?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HOST YOUR OWN SUMMER OF LOVE LIVESTREAM &/OR EVENT?
The Difference We Made – Set Sor Love 2020
Summer of Love Campaign 2021 – Causes
Funds raised from our Summer of Love will be directed towards a number of LNADJ campaigns that support children in crisis in developing countries, as follows:
This project provides DJ and music equipment, musical instruments, music teachers, training and facilities to schools and various educational and community projects around the world.
We are seeing amazing examples of how Get Equipped is changing the lives of young people through music. For example, at Angels Gate home for Street Involved Boys in Tanzania, where having a safe space to pursue creativity is having a transformative effect on the confidence, communication and expression of boys who have had a very tough life on the streets. The benefits of which will be felt for their lifetime.
Through the Summer of Love you can help us to continue to support these projects as well as new ones including Bridges For Music in Capetown, South Africa.
BACK ON TRACK
This campaign provides food, shelter, education, equipment and the tools for a better life at a variety of children’s homes and community projects in developing countries. This includes supporting special needs children and street involved children.
Upcoming projects include:
- Providing food and nutritional support for special needs children’s home at Wellspring Children’s Home in Uganda
- Sponsoring education for special needs children at Featherstale in Tanzania – it costs only £160 per year per child
- Continuing our support of the project to get kids out of labour and into education in Tanzania – just £150 a year covers a child’s school fees with nutritional support
- Funding vocational training for boys at Angels Gate home, helping to give them valuable skills to be able to support themselves and transform their opportunities for a brighter future costs £200 a year
- Create a shaded exercise area at Feathers Tale so the children can get exercise outside, the project will cost £2450 and will benefit 85 special needs children on a daily basis
- Nepal – working with our partner Pipal Tree to support the educational needs of children from marginalized communities where a little can go a long way:-
- £10 can provide stationery for a girl for 1 year
- £25 can provide school uniform (including school bag and shoes) for a girl for 1 year
- £50 can provide college fee for higher education of a young person for 6 months
- £100 can provide an extra support teacher for free tuition to 200 students for a month
We will also be supporting Indigo Children’s Fund who help underprivileged children around the world with a particular focus on access to education, healthcare and safe accommodation. We’ve recently helped them to build a Girls Development Centre in The Phillipines, rehabilitating children rescued from sex trafficking and abuse.
HAVE A DRINK ON US
This campaign funds the construction of fresh water wells in parts of India and Africa including Uganda, Mozambique, South Sudan, Malawi, The Gambia and Tamil Nadu.
Providing clean, safe water to communities that need it the most is saving and changing thousands of lives.
The wells can serve communities of up to 1000 people for up to 10 years.
This benefits the whole community but especially the young girls of school age who are traditionally the water collectors in the family. Instead of spending hours a day finding water, children can receive an education.
This global pandemic has highlighted even more the importance of access to clean safe water and sanitation yet sadly we live in a world where 785 million people still do not have access to this basic essential of life.
Thanks to Set For Love funds we’ve been able to bring the total number of wells we’ve constructed to 73 in Africa and India, meaning clean water daily for approximately 49,817 people. This is saving and improving lives every day!
Just £15 will provide a family with clean, safe water for the next ten years!
SMILES FOR LIFE
Smiles For Life is an LNADJ campaign that provides cleft lip and cleft palate operations for children in The Philippines, transforming their lives.
Children born with cleft palates can face a variety of challenges including difficulty feeding, hearing problems, speech difficulties and dental difficulties. They may also face social, emotional and behavioural problems due to differences in appearance and the stress of intensive medical care.
However, cleft lip and cleft palate can be corrected. In most babies, a series of surgeries can restore normal function and achieve a more normal appearance with minimal scarring.
The smiley face is the symbol of electronic music culture and to give the gift of a smile for life is priceless.
£300 is the cost of one cleft palate operation!
SET FOR LOVE HISTORY
LNADJ Ambassador DJ E.A.S.E aka Nightmares On Wax, headlining the 1st Set For Love event at Las Dalias, Ibiza in 2019.